2.14.2011

silence of the lambs

Today’s Valentine’s Day, and I’m not in any mood for it, either.
On Tuesday I was - as nice as he may have been about it - bluntly rejected by someone I liked very very  much… It hurt. I’ll easily admit to that. It was painful and it’s one of those things that just makes me cringe and make me feel like I’ll never ever be in a mutual relationship. I love being in love. I love feeling so important to someone and almost idolizing them,  and I don’t even know how else to explain it. It’s probably a little bit unhealthy. And yet again I digress.

Valentine’s Day sucks.

I am not going to give you the crap about how it’s a consumer driven holiday, it’s created by the government to distract the people from their real problems, conspiracy theory, etc. But I will gladly give you the crap about how it makes singles feel like shit. No doubt about it.
I swear someone decided ‘Hey, let’s make this holiday all about love and loving and love and stuff..’ – it was probably a hippie. And then someone else said ‘Hey! That’s a wonderful idea! Then we can also rub all the singles’ noses in it, and make them feel so stupid and unlovable and just like a pile of horse shit! Yuk-yuk-yuk-yuk-yuk.’  That’s what happened. I will swear by it.

I want to have a kind of anti-Valentine’s day. Is that just me? Anyone wanna join me? Let’s set a date. How about February 21th? Let’s do it. It’s close enough to Valentine’s Day to be considered relevant, but it’s one week after it so then it will be far enough away to have the horny couples calmed down. I kind of already had my little mini pity fest a few days ago – me, Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, a tub of  vegan chocolate ice cream, and then Jodie Foster and Hannibal the Cannibal to make me feel superior and macabre, like wanting eat the cutesy couple’s hearts out and going ‘YES! YOUR LOVE IS MY SUSTENANCE! MUAHAHAH.’ – so I guess I already had an anti-Valentine’s day but I want it to be a legitimate holiday. Is that so wrong?

***

But then again, if you’re in love, congratulations. Have a lovely holiday with your partner.  My favorite Valentine’s day presents would be as follows, as much as I hate to admit that I’ve been looking around at them. Descriptions and links after the pictures:
Petit Fleur De Rose, Hand-Crafted Soap
Valentine headband - doki doki heart beat - anime
Charming Peacock Feather Hearts- 100
Raspberry Chocolate French Macaroons
001; rose soap via Tallulah’s Soaps. Gorgeous, rose scented, just heavenly. And for $6.00 you’re literally stupid to not buy it. It comes complete with little dried rosebuds encrusted in the top of the soap. Simply divine.
002;  doily bowl via design*sponge. Doilies always make me feel romantic. You could even dye/paint it pink and cut it into a heart. And it’s completely DIY-able!
003; ribbon message-in-a-tin Valentine via design*sponge. It’s another DIY, and it’s adorable. Use iron on transfers with your message onto the ribbon of choice, coil, and place in a little vintage tin.
004; doki-doki embroidered headband via Janine Basil. Doki-Doki is the term for the noise heartbeats make in Japanese, and being the nerd I am I had to include it. *whining* But it’s just SOOO CUTTEEEE.
005; Coco Rouge Shine in Boy via Chanel. There’s many reason’s she/you will love it. Not only is it Chanel, it’s also so romantic. It’s named after Chanel herself’s longtime lover, Arthur ‘Boy’ Chapel. Isn’t that adorable? It’s sheer, light, has a little scent, and is limited edition. Retails at $32. A little much for a little gloss, but Chanel nonetheless, right?
006; YSL heart cutout flats via Yves Saint Laurent. I don’t have anything much to say about these besides that they’re adorable, especially in lilac, pink, or red (but currently only available in the online shop in beige and black), and YSL. Self explanatory.
007; peacock hearts (not literally, my dear children) via Cherubino Crafts. You get 100 heart shaped peacock feathers for $100. Again, pricey, but so so so so lovely. May just be because of my peacock obsession.
008; dusty-pink macaroons with chocolate/raspberry filling via Epicurious. They have the recipe on the website and everything, and they look so delicious..
009; human heart cake via Lily Vanilli. My personal favorite out of all the Valentine’s Day themed things in the world. It’s (probably) as close as I’ll get to being just like Hannibal. Oh, that devilish mind of mine.

So that’s it for now. 

--

6 comments:

  1. these are so cool, thank-you for sharing them
    i love the peacock hearts and the dried roses, they always look so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to have an anti-valentines day party with Maddie, but I'm sick, but they are still out there enjoying it. I am so not in the mood for this today. It makes being alone even worse to be sick and home by yourself! Ehh. Sorry to be a downer on your blog. Love the last picture of the heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lovely.. be MY Valentine.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I hate v-day too! I hate minding my own business going to get some groceries or walking across campus & the holiday just slaps me in the single face!!! It's like, "Oh, thanks VDAY I somehow forgot on the other 364 days of the year that I was alone" Anyway you get my point!

    we could call the holiday "I'd rather be dead than married" :) or something to that effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake is amazing. I also hate valentines day. Has put me in a grump all week and given me a massive need to eat junk food...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree completely! I actually had an Anti-Valentines Day party, haha. I'm sorry for your rejection : ( It's the worst.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.