i've never really done this before but i actually like to cook a lot. i know i posted about food blogs a while ago, but i spend my fair share of time in the kitchen. i found the prettiest blackberries at the grocery the other day and i had to make something out of them!
1) get your berries together -- you can use this recipe with most any berry.
2) to mush mine up, lately i've been using a nut chopper. it works really really well. you can use a fork in a bowl if you'd rather, or a food processor if you have one.
3) pour your berry mixture into a sauce pan, and depending on how much of the berry mixture you have, add anywhere from 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of sugar. it doesn't really matter what kind, but i used organic crystals or something or other.
4) add a splash of lemon juice, and boil on medium heat for about 25 minutes.
5) store and refrigerate for use in a few hours or the next day.
i used mine the next day on waffles. it was really really good.