truly madly deeply rabbit shirt - Urban Outfitters; $32
Forever 21 super high waisted jeans - Rumors (aka thrifted); $10
cascading chains necklace - H&M; $10
capricorn rhinestone necklace - claire's, from when i was 10; $3
deena & ozzy two-toned brogues/oxfords - Urban Outfitters; $38
i look rather off, and now you can see my new burnt-red hair, too.
get ready, lengthy post.
this would be my first outfit post, because i now have a tripod. i finally braved the post-christmas sales yesterday, about a week late, huh? but i got the oxfords and the bunny shirt at Urban Outfitters, along with a dress on sale, and the comfiest sweater that has ever been in existence. i also got this adorable peach skirt at H&M. i got other non-clothing things too, like periwinkle and peach polish, and a blue ceramic piggy bank. i decided i needed to spend money on a cute little bank to save money.
my three follow friday picks for today would be:
1) Claire from Jazzpad.
2) Becky-May from The Flower Girl.
3) Lyzi from being little.
they all do outfit posts, but each one also does a fair share of inspiration and genuine thoughts. Claire does a little of everything, Becky-May is mainly vintage findings and things from their up-and-coming shop, and Lyzi is very thoughtful. Her blog is just a blog. she states it's not an art blog, or a fashion blog, it just has both things in it. A lovely read.
I really am partial to blogs with content, not just pictures. But i do really love pictures. You can bet most of the ladies (and gentlemen) i pick on fridays will have thoughts, not just photos unless it's a photography blog, i.e. Color Me Katie.
Anyways, as i'm sure you've noticed, it's New Years Eve. And i couldn't be happier. 2010 wasn't bad, per say. It could've been better.. couldn't have really been much worse, but whatever. I'm a cynic and a pessimist, you can't look to me for an unopionated commentary. But without further ado, here's the cliche post about resolutions:
1) acquire something gorgeous at least once a week.
I have a lot of things, but not nearly enough gorgeous things. I want more. It doesn't even need to be expensive, just nice. for example, i'd consider this week's grand purchase to be the oxfords at the top of this post.
2) fix the pile of broken jewelry on my dresser.
3) leave a better impression on people.
4) stop being such a hermit.
5) eat better & lose a few pounds.
6) fall in love. i'm a romantic at heart, and even though i'm young.. i'm too impatient. i just love the feeling of being so captivating and having a person stronger than you to protect you and help you whenever you're not well. it's another cliche, sorry, i'm full of them. but i consider myself a volatile person, and i just want a person to understand and hug me and tell me it's going to be okay. and not my mother or a friend. deeper than that. i want romance and roses. the ups and downs, the hate and the love.
7) be a classy lady. self explanatory.
8) actually TRY in school.
9) become a ballerina. i want to take up the ballet lessons again.
10) stop making bad jokes.
that's pretty much it. see how good i am at making lists? well, what about you all? what are your resolutions?
and i've hit 20 followers. which, for me, is pretty darn awesome. thanks to all the new followers. <3
first photo is mine, photos of the bloggers belong to each, respectively, and the rest are weheartit snaps.