4.15.2012

rva fashion week


The kickoff for RVA Fashion Week was today - a runway show was held displaying outfits created by certain vendors, showcasing their products.  Some of the vendors include independent shops Saxon Shoes and Everything But Water, and chains Delia's, Buckle, Macy's, and Dillard's. Even though this is only the 4th RVA Fashion Week, you can really tell that the Richmond fashion scene is nothing but burgeoning.
I won't be able to attend the rest of fashion week due to having to go to a wedding, and I am so sad that I will not be able to see the actual design portion of fashion week. Very sad. Sigh.


Naturally when you go to any fashion event, the style of the attendees is just as good if not better than the sponsered styles. These are some of my favorites. Note Larissa Wisniewski, mastermind behind From the Runway to RVA and one of the leaders of the RVA Fashion Bloggers, in the middle. I had the pleasure of meeting her in person for the first time today. The woman on the right was one of the stylists, but I thought her outfit was noteworthy. I really want to know where her shoes are from.

Some of the show's highlights:











Some outfits were better than others. It's still a small operation and there are plenty of kinks that need to be worked out, but I have a good feeling that RVA Fashion Week will grow into something fantastic.

For fellow Richmonders:
 there is still a whole week of Fashion Week left! Though I won't be able to attend, that doesn't mean you shouldn't go! Find the details here

--

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments.